Well, hot dog! It’s summertime again.
Keep your best friend safe and happy with the following tips:
• Provide plenty of shade and water.
• Limit exercise on hot days.
• Never, ever leave your dog in your car.
• If the sounds of summer (thunder, fireworks, construction, etc.) are causing your dog to be stressed, ask us about a new way of treating that calms without sedating.
Most Common Triggers and Behaviors
Most common triggers:
- *Construction work
- *Traffic or street noise
Most common behaviors:
- *Pacing or restlessness
- *Lip licking
- *Trembling or shaking
- *Excessive vigilance or hypervigilance
- *Brow furrowed or ears back
- *Owner seeking behavior or abnormal clinginess
- *Vocalizing (whining or barking at the sounds)
- *Refuses to eat
- *Freezing or immobility